Friday, December 30, 2005

My eleven favorite songs, according to iTunes.

1.) "That's How I Escaped My Certain Fate," Mission of Burma
2.) "Grass," Animal Collective
3.) "Naked As We Came," Iron & Wine
4.) "Slippi," Animal Collective
5.) "Neighborhood #2 (Laika)," The Arcade Fire
6.) "Neighborhood #2 (Power Out)," The Arcade Fire
7.) "My Dog," The Fiery Furnaces
8.) "We Can't Predict The Future," The Flaming Lips
9.) "Go Find Your Saint," Frank Black
10.) "Lion's Mane," Iron & Wine
11.) "The Dead of Night," Mount Eerie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Animal Collective", "Laika", "My Dog", "Lion's Mane"... You've got sort of a theme going there.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

An interesting observation. "Laika" is about a wayward older brother, "My Dog" is about a search for a missing dog, "Lion's Mane" is about, uh, "love is the best sensation hiding in the lion's mane," so, you know, draw your own conclusions. Animal Collective is/are blissfully incomprehensible: "I was walking on feet just like my father's / my knees were trying to reach you at your mother's / my nose is screaming that you smelled like a lover / but my hands were happy to treat you like a brother"

And I like the line "I don't make particular plans 'cause they don't matter."

(Actually, that particular set of lines does sort of make sense.)

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home