Sunday, May 29, 2005

Yesterday, while at work, I was idly flipping through Friday's paper when I came across an article about Camper Van Beethoven, a favorite band of mine currently out on tour. I was very surprised to see that Yakima was one of the stops. (That evening, at 9 PM.) So I decided to go, despite not really being the sort of person who, traditionally, decides to go to rock shows at the drop of a hat, not least of all because there are very few rock shows to go to. I called up my friend Jeremy, to see if he wanted to come with me. He did, and so I went to pick him up, and then we went to the show, after some difficulty finding the venue. And then the show rocked.

So I have stood very close to Camper Van Beethoven at a smallish (less than thirty people?) gathering, is what I'm getting at. Aside from being thoroughly excited musically, I felt very cosmopolitan.

I'd write more, but I got very little sleep last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home