Thursday, February 10, 2005

I've got a new(er) computer and have spent the last two days trying to work out the kinks. Of the three mice I own, one is fifty miles away, one doesn't seem to work, and the one which does work is my least favorite. I've got a faster modem but it claims its connecting at a slower speed, which probably just means this computer is more honest with me than the last.

At any rate, I couldn't remember my ICQ password at gunpoint, so until I can figure out how to transfer the relevant information from one hard drive to the next I will be largely incommunicado. E-mail me, if you want. Assuming that there is a "you" to whom this is addressed who isn't also me.

Pluses of the new computer: A CD drive that works.

Minuses: Over an hour to update a Diablo II patch.

Special minus: Diablo II is one of the newest games I own. I've been out of the loop for awhile. I was going to play Sid Meier's Gettysburg, which is even older, but Firaxis seems to insist on a password before it hands out patches (like the one that makes the game run under XP). Rather than try to figure this out (maybe they just don't like Firefox?) I gave up.

And I'm not sure what the deal is but I can't seem to stay connected to the internet for very long. I've been disconnected while writing this. I really hope my download resumes.

No, of course it doesn't. Makes perfect sense. Well, I've got repetitive tasks to attend to that hold neither reward nor frustration, so I guess I'll get to them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

I don't want to have to start all over again. The number of awkwardly novel things on this computer is already too high. I have a modern resolution now, you know. Like, 1200 by a lot, or whatever, and it is disconcerting.

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I require specs.

- "Brad"

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can probably decrease your resolution if you really want. :)

I got a new computer too. YAY WHEEE AJEOIAJFAOIJF;A!

-Chelsea

11:14 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

I am used to it now. I can never go back.

Actually, I fixed most of my problems, plus I painted a room in a house, so I guess I should just write about that, because who doesn't want to know? Thanks, anonymous inventors of writing and electricity!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home