Saturday, January 01, 2005

International Year of Wary Enthusiasm

There are some things I've got to do this year, and some things I want to do, and here they are, in no particular order, but jazzed up with bullet points.

  • Write my undergraduate philosophy thesis. This leads to graduating college. It also happens to be the most important thing here, but after this the order is random, I promise.
  • Write most of the first draft of a novel by June 19. By then I'll be 25.
  • Do more with Defeat the Fortress. I'd like to at least double my output of media-related snark there.
  • Read more classic novels. Which? I've yet to decide. I may do the National Book Awards.
  • Watch more movies. Oscar winners, maybe, though some of those look pretty dire.
  • Read at least one biography about each American President, in order. This sounds interesting, and I should read more history in general.
  • Cook more meals. Which is to say, any meals.
  • Write a story that I think is genuinely publishable, and then see if anyone wants it.
  • Write an academic, philosophic-type paper on some subject, and do the same.
There are some other things I'd like to do this year, like buy more neat things, but I figure that will more or less take care of itself, no resolving required. And then there are a few things I need to do now, like my laundry, or changing the oil in my car, but those aren't very grand ambitions, plus "This year I will take care of basic maintenance issues" makes me sound intensely lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home