Monday, August 02, 2004

I meant to distract myself from not being able to write fiction today by writing in my blog, but it turns out there are a number of entertaining distractions from that as well, many of which do not require any actual expenditure of effort, and therefore are quite appealing. I haven't sunk to playing Bejeweled yet, but I am close.

Some comics I have read recently or am reading:

Astonishing X-Men: I talked about this. It is OK. Not great. Better than most any X-Men comic I have previously bought, though, at least on a panel-to-panel basis. (Note that I bought my X-Men comics in the darkest part of the 1990s, if I am stepping on the toes of Claremont fans, or something.)

Miracleman: All my thoughts on superheros, and I have a lot of them, more than is normal, I think, are now filtered through this story.

The Red Star: Beautiful, but I wish it had been better written. I love the setting.

Kingdom Come: One more issue to go.

And how about that Spider-Man 2, huh? (I liked it.)

Now back to my story about the invisible grad student.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home