Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Game developer still intent on releasing Prey.

Reading through the article, it seems like what's actually in the works is a new game based on Prey's original design brief, which was, I think, unearthed in a series of clay pots stored deep in the Arizona desert.

Vaporware jokes aside, I'm interested to see what developers do with the Doom 3 engine. (I'm sure there are other games in the works that use it, but since I haven't bought a computer since the TNT 2 was a cutting edge graphics chip, I don't really keep up with the video game news like I used to.)

Is 3D Realms still pretending to make Duke Nukem Forever, I wonder? Yes, apparently. What kind of bizarre hothouse seige mentality reigns in those offices?

And of course there are the fan forums. Some sort of millenarian metaphor applies there, but I leave that to you.

(I'm not so sure about the distinction drawn in the Wikipedia entry, between "Millenialism" and "Millenarianism;" my understanding is that different scholars tend to use the terms interchangeably, and that there is no universally agreed upon distinction, as intimated here. On the other hand, what do I know?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home