Thursday, June 19, 2003

I got the following from Warren Ellis. Not in the sense that he handed it to me. I suppose "I got the following from Warren Ellis' weblog" would be more accurate, but namedropping is the whole point of having a weblog, and I don't want to be left out, even though I don't know anyone who has a weblog personally and I'm reasonably sure that no one actually reads this one.

But this is what I got: Iraqi boy band is seeing stars.

Really, there isn't much to say, other than making a brief Zeitgeist reference (that's the Bruce Sterling novel, by the way), and maybe either decrying the way Western pop culture is swallowing the world or being happy about the way traditional cultures (and the animosities that go with them) are melting away into this very odd cultural melange (it is a big word for smarty pantses!) we have now. Uh, I suppose I lean towards the latter. Mostly I just wanted to put this up as a companion to that earlier story I linked to about the budding bin Laden pop star.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home