Friday, September 22, 2006

My petty annoyances. Now with maps!


  • A: The road which meets the road that goes to my house.

  • B: My house (and what ghosts there do remain).

  • C: This new house being built.


The green stuff is apple trees, and they (among other things) block the view west and southwest from my house. So every day, or at least every day in happier, more productive times, I leave the house and at the end of the driveway look over to see Mount Adams, which is very large and impressive from here. And now there's this new house that's gone up right on that corner, between the edge of the apples and the edge of the hill we all live on, and suddenly my trips all begin and end with this unfinished, ugly house. Not to get too dramatic, but I've got this unsatisfied psychic hunger. I guess that is pretty dramatic (and lame). Let's say that my interior mental landscape has warped to adapt to the exterior physical one, and it is awful.

So now you know. I am going to go build a house right at the foot of the mountain, is what I'm going to do.

8 Comments:

Blogger K. H. said...

i'm commenting without reading!

typical.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Fortunately I strongly approve of attention that bypasses the often messy step of careful examination, which usually reveals foibles and thus can provide nothing good.

3:38 AM  
Blogger W.A.S.T.E said...

Simon ... that sentence was innapropriate.

11:05 PM  
Blogger K. H. said...

bitchin

11:06 PM  
Blogger W.A.S.T.E said...

I'm sitting here bored at MSN ...

Is it really called Eagle Nest Drive or is that some type of WW2 reference?

5:49 AM  
Blogger W.A.S.T.E said...

On another note? Are we ever going to see you again? Or is coming over the mnts too much?

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it's the mountains. He hasn't even been online in well over a month.

Perhaps his self-declared arch-nemesis got him :

http://shiveredsky.blogspot.com/2006/10/whats-your-talent.html

10:57 PM  
Blogger K. H. said...

he has broken every piece of technology he possesses!!

so i hear. he sent me a smoke signal.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home